Learn to hone your dental assisting knowledge and skills with this bestselling workbook. Featuring reinforcement exercises and application activities that correspond chapter-by-chapter to the content covered in Bird & Robinson’s Modern Dental Assisting, 13th Edition, this workbook gives you the practice you need to master both dental assisting concepts and practical office skills. The workbook comes with original practice management exercises that correspond to the Dentrix software available on Evolve. Also included are ample content review questions, case applications with questions, competency skills evaluation sheets for practice with dental assisting procedures, and a review of video procedures located on the text’s companion website.
- Seamless content correlation utilizes activities and exercises that reinforce the chapter content that you are currently learning in the main text.
- Practice and review questions for each chapter include short answer, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and labeling questions to help reinforce your understanding of terminology and concepts.
- Competency skill checklists provide clear guidelines for performing each dental assisting skill and help your evaluate your strengths and weaknesses, with pages perforated so that you can detach individual skill sheets for use in clinical settings.
- Dental assisting externship provides information and resources to support practicum.
- Patient case exercises use patients on the companion Evolve website’s Interactive Dental Office and include medical and dental histories, radiographs, and charting to help you solve problems relating to patient health issues.
- Video review sections visually reinforce your understanding of text material.
- NEW! Information on cultural diversity grounds you in this important topic and how it relates to patient care and patient communication.
- NEW! Coverage of the latest advances in general and specialty dental care matches the updates in the text and addresses technological advancements, public health and access to care, teledentistry, infection control guidelines, the Zika virus, Ebola, the oral-systemic health connection, and more.
- NEW! Updated diagrams and visual exercises enable you to expand your visual knowledge.
- UPDATED! Removable flashcards summarize key information about the sciences, medical emergencies, infection control, radiography, dental materials, dental instruments, and dental procedures, offering convenient, on-the-go review and exam preparation.
- NEW! Updated review questions, case applications, and exercises help reinforce your understanding of terminology and concepts from the main text.
Hone your dental assisting skills and knowledge with hands-on practice
Debbie S. Robinson recently retired from her position of Research Associate Professor at the University of North Carolina, where she was involved in clinical research. Her educational background includes an Associate Degree in Dental Assisting, Bachelor''s Degree in Health Administration, and Master of Science Degree in Dental Auxiliary Teachers Education. Her clinical experience includes practicing as a clinical chairside assistant in a pediatric and orthodontic dental office, dental research center, and special patient care clinic. She taught for over 20 years in the community college setting and as Clinical Assistant Professor and Director of the Dental Assisting Program and Dental Assisting Specialty Program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Adams School of Dentistry.